lunes, 29 de octubre de 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2012: Halloween Swoon

Esta es mi entrada para el Blogger's Quilt Festival de otoño 2012: una colcha Super Swoon con telas de Halloween. 

This is my entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2012: a Halloween Super Swoon quilt. 



Hace unos años me enamoré de esta colección de telas (Trick or Treat de Riley Blake por Doodlebug Design) y con parte de ellas le hice una colcha a mi ahijada. El resto lo reservaba para algo especial. Cuando vi lo que lucían las telas en la colcha Super Swoon que hice para mi amiga Mireia me decidí.

A few years ago I fell in love with this collection of fabrics (Trick or Treat by Doodlebug Design for Riley Blake) and with some of them I made a quilt for my goddaughter. The rest is saved them for something special. When I saw how pretty fabrics looked in the Super Swoon quilt I made for my friend Mireia I decided I should make one for myself using these fabrics.


También usé para el fondo una tela de la colección Quilter's Linen de Robert Kaufman en el color Stone. La tela es muy chula ya que tiene un dibujo que imita el lino pero es 100% algodón.

I also used Quilter's Linen in Stone from Robert Kaufman. The fabric is very cool because it has a design that mimics linen but is 100% cotton.


Para la trasera utilice una tela de la misma colección en tonos grises.
For the backing I used a fabric of the same collection in grey.


Para el acolchado hice líneas rectas como suelo hacer habitualmente y en los bordes líneas rectas formando un cuadrado para "enmarcar" el quilt.

I quilted straight lines as I usually do and in the border I also did straight line but "framing" the quilt.



El método/patrón es el mismo que utilice para la anterior: Super Swoon
I used the same method that I did for my last one: Super Swoon




Datos:
Tamaño: 225 x 225 cm
Telas: Trick or Treat de Riley Blake + Quilter's Linen en Stone
Acolchada por mi

Stats:
Size: 90 x 90"
Fabrics: Trick or Treat from Riley Blake + Quilter's linen in Stone
Quilting by me

Os dejo un link donde podreis encontrar el resto de colchas de esta edición: Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2012

This is the link where you will find the rest of the entries for this edition: Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2012


7 comentarios:

  1. Your quilting looks great. Love the colors

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Cute - some great fabric and quilting choices!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Pero quina passadaaaaaaaaaaaa! és preciosa! m'encanta!! I super acolxadeta, quina feinada! t'ha quedat genial. Felicitats maca!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I LOVE THIS! could you give the intstuctions for making it so big?
    SharonTx

    ResponderEliminar
  5. The design of your bad sheet is very good. Which looks more beautiful with colors.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/

    ResponderEliminar